A common misconception is that all beds come with mattresses, but surprisingly they don’t! Beds can be bought as parts or even as an entire set, which includes whatever sort of headboard and footboard that fits your preference.
This means that you can save money on your purchase if you are willing to put in a little bit of thought and planning a mattress combination to form the bed that you want.
Different Style Options
Futon beds are simple, inexpensive beds that can be folded out as a sofa during the day and unfolded as a bed for guests for a good night’s sleep. Many people like using futon beds as an extra place for sleepovers or as space-efficient bedroom furniture pieces.
Bunk beds are one of the best ways to fit more people in a room for sleepovers. They are also kids’ beds that need their own sleeping areas. Bunk beds take up less floor space than many other options and are simple enough to build by yourself if you have some extra spare time.
Divan beds are great for people who are looking for a low-profile, box spring that still has the same amount of mattress support.
Sofa beds are great for maximizing your space when you have guests because it works as both a sofa in the living room during the day and then converts into a bed at night. If you ever need to make extra sleeping space for visitors, this is definitely one of the cheapest beds with mattress options.
- Wooden beds are often passed up for cheaper options because of their high price. However, solid wood beds are often the most durable and long-lasting type of bed that you can buy.
- Metal beds are also great options because they are usually very low profile and therefore take up less floor space than other types of beds.
- Fabric beds are a great way to add a modern touch to your bedroom. They are also very flexible and can be combined with other headboards or used on their own depending on how much space you have in your bedroom.
- Single: 3’0″ x 6’3″ (90cm x 190cm) – this is the smallest bed and will be suitable for a child up to around age 10.
- Double: 4’6″ x 6’3″ (140cm x 190cm) – A double bed is great for two people who are of average height and weight.
- King Size: 5’0″ x 6’6″ (150cm x 200cm) – An extra-long king-size bed is designed not only for tall adults who need more space to stretch out when they sleep, but it can also double as a large sofa because of its extra length.
- Super King: 6’0″ x 6’6″ (180cm x 200cm) – An extremely long king-size bed is perfect for tall people, older couples, or taller adults who want to stretch out without feeling cramped inside their bedroom.
How to buy cheap beds with mattresses?
That’s a question that comes into everyone’s mind. If you think about it then it is logical that the best deal on a new bed is not usually found by buying each part of the bed separately.
You’re better off purchasing “a complete bedroom set”, which typically includes mattresses included in the price. The cost of both beds and mattresses fluctuate second-to-second throughout the course of each year so keep an eye on prices.
Buying beds with orthopaedic mattresses are often cheaper than buying them separately because it is still a cost-effective way to buy new furniture for your bedroom. A top-of-the-line mattress will always cost more money, but they are known to be more flexible, supportive, and comfortable.
How much will it cost?
The prices range from about £110 for a metal bed frame to £3,000 for an adjustable bed or another high-end furniture set.
Luxury beds ( e.g. TV beds or leather beds) are usually much more expensive than standard beds because they are made from high-end materials and use top-quality manufacturing techniques during the production process.
However, this doesn’t mean that a luxury bed is out of your price range if you know how to shop for it correctly. Luxury mattresses can be found online or at major retailers which have a broad selection of different mattress brands and styles.
Delivery and warranty
A lot of major retailers will include free delivery with your purchase. Some, such as IKEA, even include a warranty with your purchase for extra peace of mind. Usually, they offer next-day delivery. Beds are delivered in a flat-packed form and can be assembled in a few hours with minimal tools.
If you buy through an online retailer then you will likely have to pay shipping fees on top of the regular price unless they specifically say that it is included in the cost.
You now know that there are many different types of beds that come with mattresses included, so take some time to think about what you need before making a purchase.
While thinking about your new purchase try to imagine the different types of beds that would best suit your needs, but don’t forget you can always sell old bed parts for extra cash if you end up changing your mind.